7 Must-Have Online Business Tools I Use to Grow My Business
Welcome! Listed below are my 7 must-have online business tools that I use every day to grow my websites into successful income streams. All of the tools here are what I could not do without. I've tried and tested plenty of alternatives that just didn't cut it for me.
I wanted to share them with you today because they will help if you're looking for things that really work. The tools here are not the only tools I use but they are the ones I think are the most important from a list which is much longer than 7. I like the number 7, it's my lucky number. So, with that said, what better than a list of 7 tools?
7 Must-Have Online Business Tools
1. Wealthy Affiliate
- Wealthy Affiliate is an online training school that includes free websites, free hosting, business tools and a forum of home business community members just like you and myself who help you to build profitable websites. It's designed for anyone who wants to learn all there is to make money online.
- There are thousands of training videos for everything from setting up an Amazon affiliate site to email marketing to PPC and Social Media Marketing. Everything you ever need to know about earning real money can be found there.
- It's all you need under one roof to learn internet marketing, WordPress, Keyword Research and has weekly webinars by an affiliate marketing genius we know as Jay (username Magistudios).
- Jaaxy keyword tool is like no other and this is all I need to use for my niche research, keyword research and competition research. It tells you what your rankings are for a specific page or a specific post on your sites. I have used many tools for keyword research including Google Keyword Planner, Long Tail Pro 3, Traffic Travis and a multitude of others.
- Even when I combined the keyword tools above, none of them is as simple to use as Jaaxy is. I need to spend only about 15 minutes a day on Jaaxy to find several low competition, high-value keywords that drive traffic to my sites.
- Jaaxy is one of those things that quickly improves takes your online business to the next level. There are video based tutorials which will teach you how to get the most out of Jaaxy.
Read About Jaaxy Here – Includes 30 Free Searches
3. Mass Planner 2
- Mass Planner 2 is a social media marketing tool that automates just about any task that would take hours per day to do manually. It includes tools to handle all the major social media networks like Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Instagram and Tumblr.
- They have added yet another tool to Mass Planner. That is the new tool for email and I've got to check it out a little more before I can report further! Mass Planner has paid for itself at least a hundred times over in the just the first 6 months of using it.
- It has also saved me heaps of time and effort. It's incredibly powerful. I've actually stopped trying to count the visitor increase and the total amount of referrals and commissions it made for me. All on almost complete autopilot.
- There is a free 5-day trial available for anyone who wants to check it out without paying a dime! I love stuff with free trials because they always seem to prove themselves to me.
- I don't like having to pay for something before using it and then finding out I have to chase after a refund and beg for my money back if it sucks. Mass Planner doesn't suck, I'm glad to report. It wouldn't be one of my top recommendations if it did!
- (Last Christmas they gave me a free tool add-on worth $25 just because I contacted them to tell them about a small bug I'd found! hehe!)
MAY 2017 UPDATE
Sadly, Mass Planner 2 was told to close its doors by Instagram in May 2017, to the dismay of many, including myself. There is one tool that is still running, and that's Instamate 2, which will help you to manage your Instagram accounts.
4. Traffic Planet Hosting
- Traffic Planet Hosting is the best hosting I've ever had the pleasure of using. I've never encountered hosting as good as this. Once I've built my sites at Wealthy Affiliate I sometimes like to transfer the hosting to superfast SSD hosting found at Traffic Planet Hosting. It is the bees knees and their support rocks.
- They get back to you instantly when you contact. The Longest time I've ever had to wait for a response? 12 Minutes! They are there 24/7 and make HostGator look like an extinct dinosaur. I use Traffic Planet for my most cherished sites.
5. ClickBank Marketplace
- An affiliate marketer's marketplace that lists thousands of different products and they are mostly digital. You must understand before you use Clickbank to find products to promote that just because it is listed at Clickbank it does not mean something is automatically a good product.
- Choose wisely what you're going to promote because your reputation online is at stake. Treat this place like you would treat a supermarket, or better yet, a cash and carry. When you go to the cash and carry (wholesalers) you need to know what it is you're taking off the shelves.
- As with any marketplace, there is going to be both good stuff, and bad stuff. You're to blame if you don't research a product before choosing a product. Keep this in mind when deciding what you should promote on your site and keep your reputation squeaky clean. Your online business doesn't need complaints about stuff that doesn't work. This affiliate marketplace is ideal for beginners.
6. Instabuilder 2
- Instabuilder 2 is a plugin I couldn't be without now that I've played with it a while. It's simply fantastic for creating landing pages, squeeze pages, thank you pages and more. This cool plugin saves money because I used to have to outsource the creation of some of these pages and it was getting expensive.
- Now, with this DIY drag and drop interface I can actually create all of my own pages in a few minutes and they look so professional. I regret not looking at Instabuilder a long time ago. I would have saved more than 500 dollars over a 1 year period where I paid someone else to make pages for me and it took days of waiting for them to come back. Not any more!
- This helps to build a funnel on your website that channels people where you need them to go. Use it to build your email list. Awesome! Love it to bits.
- SumoMe is a plugin for WordPress and I must say how useful this is. The free version does everything I need it to do. It's so good that I'm considering paying for it to get full access to the tools available.
- The tools included are an email list builder, heat maps, social sharing buttons, on page analytics, and much more. Check it out and see what it does for you. The image below shows what is included. It's free forever if you want it to be…that's always nice! 🙂
I'd really be lost if not for these resources because they save both time and money. They also make life easier and help my websites turn a profit. I believe my sites would've achieved only 10% of the success they'd had without them. Essential is not a strong enough word to describe the stuff on this list. They've become a part of the furniture and I'm not leaving them behind – even if I move house.Read About 10 WordPress Plugins That I Use For Business Here
Thanks for reading and as always, go right ahead and leave any comments below with what you feel are your essential tools. Do you disagree with any of the above tools? Why? What would you replace?
I'm Jim. Read more about me here.